LA Dating Nightmares- What happens when you tell a guy you're British

Hey guys,

I hope you're all having a great and not still feeling the Monday blues.
After sharing my last dating adventures with you all, I have decided to share another little dating story with you.

So, here goes. On Halloween last year, I went to a Frat party on USC Frat row and met this Persian guy who I spent most of the night chatting to. He seemed like a nice guy and was in his last year majoring in business. I should have probably seen the signs from the beginning as his costume was a shirtless Channing Tatum from Magic Mike, but we got along quite well and after all it was Hall0ween. I could see that he had a little bit of arrogance about him but it was nothing that I couldn't handle.

After the Frat party, we spoke for about a week before he asked me out on a date. He picked me up from my apartment and we drove to a bar in downtown LA. Whilst on our drive he starts off the conversation by saying "so...your’e one of those Brits ain't you?", "yes I am" I replied. Then he looks at me, putting on a terrible British accent and says "I am from Britain, I like to eat British food, I eat fish and chips" and then laughed hysterically at his own joke. Unsure on whether to find it endearing or offensive, I decided to smile and laugh it off. I probably should have realized from that point that this was just going to get worse. My phone rang and it was my roommate checking that everything was going well, when he says, yet again in a British accent "Oo I am answering my mobile". I was really hoping that this was the end of the British mimics because I wasn't sure how much more of it I could take and we had only been driving for around fifteen minutes.

Finally we arrive at the bar. He opens the door and helps me out the car, which I appreciated, but it didn't quite make up for the terrible car ride.  As I get out the car he comments "oh you’re quite short aren't you" smiling through gritted teeth I reply "yes, I am". As he walked me into the bar, he began to mimic everything I said in yet again his awful British accent. When the waitress finally arrived to take our drink order he thought it would be amusing to recite our order in his British accent and if it couldn't get any more awkward, he thought it would be a good idea to ends it with a "cheerio" whilst attempting to wave like the queens. At this point I was strongly considering leaving and had even composed a message to my roommate asking her to call me to say she had forgotten her keys so that I would have an excuse to leave, but since we had just ordered I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he was nervous. After he had spent the last twenty minutes imitating my accent I asked him to stop, which luckily he did.

The awkwardness though didn't stop there. He then began to criticize my choice to be an actor stating that "acting isn't really a job" and "acting is easy and anyone can do it". When I replied "that is a very ignorant response" he says “well why don't you act out a scene for me here and prove it”. I finally decided that I’d had enough and although I insisted on getting a cab he apologized and asked if he could drop me home.

Whilst in the car, he began asking more questions about my acting, getting onto the topic of what play I was rehearsing for in school. I told him I was rehearsing for the Heidi Chronicles, which was a play around feminism. His response was shocking "are feminists the opposite of the girls in Mean Girls?" I looked at him in complete shock because I didn't really know how to reply. "Well not really, feminism is focused around equal rights for women". His answer to this was far more surprising than the first, "I hate those sorts of women". Refusing to let this one drop I asked “why is that?” and he replied, "Because a woman should be with her man and not go off and do her own thing". He then went on to make more sexist comments like "I think its fine for men to have many partners, but I would never respect a woman that has had more than two". This was the last straw. I couldn't believe that anyone could be this obtuse in the twenty first century but actually say it to a girl that they are on date with.


Arriving at my apartment I had never been so happy to escape from a date so much. As I got out the car he hugged me and said "this was a great night we should definitely do it again" and no he was not being sarcastic. I smiled, nodded and then deleted his number!


Comments

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being a Brit in LA- Ten Things that still confuse me

PSYCHIC- IS IT ALL A LOAD OF HOCUS POCUS?

11 Things to remember before dating a British Girl